I have been studying, in cooperation with the Santa Cruz Institute of Particle Physics and the Loma Linda University Medical Center, the possible application of protons in computed tomography. Take a peek at the pCT web site for the latest on this project.
One of the biggest issues with proton computed tomograph (pCT) is how to deal with multiple-Coulomb scattering. I wrote a paper to address this:
The authorship of publications is a complicated subject in high-energy physics (I am technically on the author list of some 400 or so peer-reviewed journal articles). The result is that you will need to trust me when I say that I actually wrote the following papers. The style follows the convention of the collaboration under which they were prepared, which is sometimes very stilted. But you can still get an idea of my technical writing skills.
- A Study of the DsJ(2317)+ and DsJ(2460)+ Mesons in Inclusive ccbar Production near sqrt(s) = 10.6 GeV, the BaBar Collaboration, submitted to Phys.Rev. D.
- Observation of a Charmed Baryon Decaying to D0 p at a Mass Near 2.94 GeV/c2, the BaBar Collaboration, submitted to Phys.Rev.Lett.
- Limits on D0 Mixing and CP Violation from the Ratio of Lifetimes from K−π+, K−K+, and π−π+ Decays, the BaBar Collaboration, Phys.Rev.Lett 91 (2003) 121801.
- Measurement of the High-Q2 Neutral-Current e+p Deep Inelastic Scattering Cross-Sections at HERA, the ZEUS Collaboration, Eur.Phys.J C11 (1999) 427.
- Search for Contact Interactions in Deep Inelastic e+p → e+ X Scattering at HERA, the ZEUS Collaboration, Eur.Phys.J C14 (2000) 239.
By the way, if you are curious, they are all typeset using LaTeX. I also produced all of the figures.
Here are some papers in which I had a large hand in writing, but whose scientific results were obtained in collaboration with others.
- Observation of a Narrow Meson Decaying to Ds+π0γ at a Mass of 2.458 GeV/c2, the BaBar Collaboration, Phys.Rev. D69 (2004) 031101.
- Observation of a Narrow Meson Decaying to Ds+π0 at a Mass of 2.32 GeV/c2, the BaBar Collaboration, Phys.Rev.Lett. (2003) 242001.
- Properties of Hadronic Final States in Diffractive Deep Inelastic ep Scattering at HERA, the ZEUS Collaboration, Phys.Rev. D65 (2002) 052001.
I have several (maybe) marketable stories in various stages of completion, but since I will try to get them published, I won't post them here. Instead, here are two stories I wrote for writing workshops I attended.